Rainbow Home Care Services
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Half Day Refresher - Skills for Health Certified
This face-to-face training (refresher) course covers both the practical and theory- based elements of Basic Life Support. You will learn how to perform chest compression and rescue breathing (CPR), how to operate an automated external defibrillator safely and how to place an unconscious breathing victim in the recovery position.
This course will take approximately three hours to complete. RHCS are fully aligned with Skills for Health and have been awarded the Skills for Health ‘Quality Mark’ for our face to face and e-learning training courses.
▪ The role of the rescuer
▪ Situational and environment assessment
▪ How to act in an emergency
▪ Cardio-pulmonary-resuscitation (CPR)
▪ Dealing with an unconscious casualty
▪ The conscious casualty
▪ The recovery position.
▪ Dealing with a choking casualty.
Practical Assessment of Skills:
▪ Scene Assessment
▪ Calls for help.
▪ Demonstrates effective CPR and rescue breaths
▪ Is able to demonstrate the recovery position
▪ Completes all workstations
▪ At the end of this course participants should be able to demonstrate:
▪ How to conduct a scene assessment
▪ How to conduct a primary survey
▪ How to assess the collapsed victim
▪ How to perform chest compression and rescue breathing (CPR)
▪ How to operate an automated external defibrillator safely
▪ How to place an unconscious breathing victim in the recovery position
This course is suitable for all individuals of all capabilities. Practical elements of the course can be adapted to meet the needs of those learners with a physical disability or stated pregnancy.
Refresher training can be delivered in the workplace as a bespoke course if the workplace has a suitable area for the training to be conducted. Total course duration including the on-line courses: Approx. 3.0 hours (Depends on number of students) Course outcomes meet the UK Core Skills and Training Framework guidelines.